Places of Worship
- Baha'i Devotional Gatherings are offered on Fridays, at 55 Moosehorn Drive. Phone: 207-469-3961.
- The Bucksport Church of God, located on Race Course Road, holds services each Sunday at 10:30am and 6:00pm. Sunday School is at 9:30am and there is a Bible Study group at 6:00pm each Wednesday. Pastor Rev. Ron Pyle. Phone: 207-469-2309.
- The Bucksport Congregation of Jehovah's Witness is located at 439 River Road. Phone: 207-469-2020.
- The Bucksport United Methodist Church, located on Church Road off outer Route 46, has a 10:30am worship hour with a Sunday School offered during the service. The Children's Church offers classes for those enrolled in pre-kindergarten through the sixth grade. Pastor Peter Remick. Phone: 207-469-3589.
- Elm Street Congregational Church, located at 31 Elm Street at Elm and Franklin Street, has ample parking and is handicapped-accessible. This historic congregation, established in 1803, is also one of the oldest Sunday Schools in America founded in 1818. The worship service is on Sunday at 10 A.M. Attached to the Meeting House is the historic Brown Hall building, a community center serving the greater Bucksport area with dynamic programs, community service offices, community meals, and a gathering place for the public good. Dr. Stephen York is the church’s minister and the executive director of Brown Hall. Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. The office phone is 207-469-3333. Dr. York’s cellphone number is 207-951-7544. In addition, the church maintains a Facebook page and archives all services and Brown Hall programs on a YouTube.com channel.
- Bucksport Bible Church, on 16 Central Street, holds its Sunday worship service at 10:00 a.m. and its Sunday evening service at 6:00pm. There are ministries for youth and adults on Wednesday nights as well. There is an adult Bible study and prayer time, a youth group for teenagers, and a ministry for younger and elementary age children called Olympians and Gopher Buddies. These ministries run from 6:30-8:00 p.m. If you have any interest or questions please contact Pastor Michael Donato at 207-469-7121.
- Franklin Street United Methodist Church, located on Franklin Street, holds Sunday service at 9:00am, with the Sunday School starting at 9:15am. There also is a 6:00pm praise and worship service on Sundays. A Bible Study session is held at 7pm each Wednesday. The Children's Church offers classes for those enrolled in pre-kindergarten through the sixth grade. Pastor Peter Remick. Phone: 207-469-3622. For more information, click here.
- Narramissic Valley Friends Meeting is held at the Bucksport Area Child Care Center on Miles Lane. Phone: 207-469-7582.
- The North Bucksport United Methodist Church, located on River Road, holds it Sunday service at 9:00am. Pastor Jan Rhenow. Phone: 207-469-7896. For more information, click here.
- River of Hope Church of the Nazarene, located at 123 Main Street. Worship Service 3:00 p.m. Sundays, Wednesday Bible Study at 5:30 p.m. Pastor Joe Donahue.
- Starting Point Church, located at 54 Main Street. Praise and worship Sundays at 10:00 a.m. Starting Point Kids, their children's ministry, meets every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Pastor Jacob R. Gran. Phone: 207-323-0050 For more information, click here.
St. Vincent De Paul - Stella Maris Paris, located on Franklin Street, holds Weekend Mass on Saturday at 6:30 pm and on Sunday at 10:30am.Weekday Mass Times are Monday and Tuesday 8:30 am. Holy Day Mass Times are 8:00am and 6:30pm. Confession Times are Saturday 1:00 pm, and by appointment. Phone: 207-469-3322.
Fraternal and Civic-minded Groups:
- The Bucksport Senior Citizens Center, located on Broadway, is open Monday through Friday for all seniors in Bucksport, Orland, Verona, Prospect, Orrington and Stockton Springs. Noon meals are served Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for those ages 60 or older (unless disabled or with a spouse age 60 or older). Activities are open to those ages 55 or older, and include games, music, crafts, trips and special programs. Bingo is played each Tuesday at 6:00pm. The doors open at 4:15pm. Bingo also is played each Thursday afternoon at noon. The doors open at 10:00am. There are card games each Monday evening. The doors open at 6:15pm. Call 469-3632. For more information, click here.
- Duck Cove Community Club of Bucksport works for the upkeep of the 106 year old Little Yellow Schoolhouse - the only one left in Bucksport still in original condition. The club holds a meeting with a potluck supper at the schoolhouse on Route 46 at 5:00pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month, except for July, August and September. Members raise money each May with a yard sale & bake sale to benefit Bucksport Community Concerns, SADD, Fort Knox and others. Visitors welcome. Call 469-2805.
- Knights of Columbus (Council 5756) meets at 7:00pmon the 1st Monday of each month at St. Vincent de Paul on Franklin Street. Call 469-7683.
- American Legion, Bucksport Post 39, meets at 7:30 pm on the 3rd Monday of each month at the Legion Hall on Elm Street. The American Legion assists and aids American veterans, and supports community projects and holiday celebrations. Bucksport Post 39 sponsors Dirigo Boys State, Memorial Day Parades, flag dedications and disposal, funeral services and food baskets for local veterans and decorating veteran's graves. Call 469-3295
- Bucks Mills Rod & Gun Club seeks to preserve the sportsman & woman's way of life. The club meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Clubhouse on Bucks Mills Road. Call 469-2388.
- Family Snowmobile Club educates people on and promotes safety, ethical and environmentally sound snowmobiling and trail establishment in the Bucksport area. The club offers trips and cookouts from January to March. Meetings with a potluck meal are held at 6:30pm on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from September to April. Call 469-6401.
- Bucksport Garden Club plants and maintains town window boxes and The Buck Memorial Library garden. The club also sponsors community and youth programs. Meetings with guest speakers are held in members' homes at 10:00am on the second Wednesday of each month from April to September. Call 469-0077 for more information.